The Endodontic Center of Pleasanton
The office is open Monday – Thursday from 8:30am – 4:30pm for routine endodontic care. The schedule is limited and will not be able to accommodate personal requested times and emergencies due to social distancing measures and proper disinfection. I apologize for the inconvenience but this is for our personal safety and yours. I am writing our protocol to hopefully ease your tensions and answer any concerns of what my office is doing during this unprecedented time. Our routine has not changed significantly in the office as dental offices are usually at the forefront of infection control.
Current Protocol in the Practice:
- Each morning, every staff member is screened with questions and temperatures are taken.
- All staff members wear masks in the office at all times.
- Clinical personnel are dressed in gowns, hair coverings, n95 respirators, and face shields.
- Entry and Exits are equipped with sanitizer before opening the door.
- Waiting room is divided with a barrier. No escorts are allowed into the practice.
- Sneeze guard barriers are in place in the waiting room.
- Clean room sticky mats are at the entry and exit of the practice.
- We have one door for entry and another door for a separate exit to help create one direction foot traffic.
- Sanitizer, hand soap, tissues, wipes, masks, and gloves are readily available for all patients throughout the practice.
- We immediately sanitize after each patient in the waiting room, hallway, or operatory.
- Patients are screened on the phone at the time of appointment request, phone confirmation of appointment and copay, and before entry into the practice. Patients must call in the parking lot before entering the building.
- Patient temperatures are immediately taken and then asked to sanitize their hands before handling paperwork and any payments. Patient pens are one patient use and thrown away.
- All copayments are taken in the front before entering an operatory unless treatment is rendered the same day. Any other scheduling, additional payments, and treatment plan needs will be handled over the phone once you leave.
- Patients are brought back to an operatory and asked to sanitize again and swish with a hydrogen peroxide based rinse.
- The Endodontist uses a rubber dam (latex free mask over your face to prevent saliva contamination and create single tooth isolation) for all treatment and a dental operating microscope shield to protect herself. Each operatory uses 3 high evacuation vacuum lines during the access of a tooth.
- Once treatment is completed, you will be assisted to the exit with a folder of information and prescriptions as needed.
- Multiple air purifiers: (Medify and IQ Swiss) are strategically placed throughout the practice.
- Each working operatory is equipped with a Hygeaire UVC light 7 feet above the floor to created upper air disinfection as recommended by the CDC.
- Working space is not an open floor plan, yet isolated with hospital curtains in each entry.
- Each operatory is sprayed with Lysol Disinfectant or HOCL and left alone for at least 15 minutes as recommended by the CDC before wiping and disinfecting.
- The restroom in the practice is no longer open due to precautions of cleanliness.
- Conversation is even kept to a minimum to reduce possible transmission.